Monday, February 10, 2014

The lesson that I learn from jogging!





Yesterday, I finally "manage" to restart my jogging after the holiday seasons (Christmas, New Year, follow by Chinese New Year).

I am not a regular jogger.
At most, I am a casual jogger. I go for a walk or jog when I feels like it, and when I am convenient.

We know jogging is good for us, good for our health, spirit and soul. It increases the blood circulation and keep the muscle in tune. We knew that! but most of us are not exercising, at least regularly, like 2-3 times a weak.

I found the reasons while I was running for my 3 km track yesterday! I felt terrible at start, as my muscle has all tensed up. Breathing became irregular, and dizziness, heart is beating faster. In short, I doesn't feel "comfortable".

The answer that I had not jog for long time, came clear to me..... jogging is an event that will make me "uncomfortable". We, as human being, wanted to stay in the comfort zone by nature (though there are some freaks out there that enjoy suffering).

We (or I) will stop doing things that we knew it will make us uncomfortable, such as jogging, eventhough we haven't physically involve in the activity.

Wait a minute, isn't this also applicable in other area of our life? such as starting a business?

Let me ask you (the reader of this article), if you are an employee, and wanted to start a business, what goes through your mind?

1. Hardwork
2. Long Hour
3. Failure
4. Cashflow challenge
5. Difficulty in hiring people
6. Insufficient knowledge and experience.

The situation is similar to wanted to go jogging, but reluctant by the pain that we WILL experience.

Let me be honest with you: There will be pain if you are not a regular jogger and there WILL be problem when you start your business.

But let me tell you the good news......

After I jogged for the first 1 km, the irregular breath subside. I could catch my breath and slowly, getting use to the pace of my jog.

So does that when I starting my own business..... it was tough.... at first. I literally skip breakfast, lunch and dinner. trouble everywhere and the cash flow was a mess!

But as things progress, I eventually catch my breath and started to do better.

Journey of a thousand miles start with the first step.

If you wanted to start a business and have not done so..... Go for a jog today! Feel the feeling while jogging! Gain you confident! and start kicking some ass!


No comments:

Post a Comment